I Am Going With The Bruins, But I Am Just Not Excited

Well, the Stanley Cup Final starts tonight and I will make a pick, but I just not that excited. I know this time last year I was obsessed to say the least. My Blackhawks were on their way to winning the Stanley Cup for the first time in 49 years. I look around and I have mementos of that triumph everywhere, which still makes me smile.

I knew going into the 2011 playoffs that anything short of the Hawks winning would not bring that feeling back. However, the melancholy I feel is more than last year’s shadow or hating the Canucks.

No, I haven’t felt this way since the start of the Stanley Cup Final the year after the lock-out. I never really got into the Final that season, because of the ill feelings I had about the lock-out. I watched, but I just wasn’t that excited and I didn’t start to get the feeling back until the next season.

So, move ahead to 2011 and the whole Atlanta Thrashers business has soured my feeling for this year’s playoffs and with it the Stanley Cup Final. So, with sense sadness I am going to make a pick for this year’s final. First, I can’t stand this Vancouver Canucks team. I don’t like Roberto Luongo or the Mutant Twins (Daniel & Henrik Sedin) and a number of my friends are fans of the Boston Bruins, so that colors my pick. I just can’t pick the Canucks so I am going with the Bruins in six.

Comments

Popular Posts